These are among my favorite Ketogenic diet (ketosis) recipes!
These recipes are very low carbohydrate foods! I wanted to keep this page simple, so do a lot of explaining why I chose to keep these keto recipes in my diet but still NOT be on the ketogenic diet on my other page here.
Fat bomb (mix n freeze dessert):
2 tbsp peanut butter
1 tbsp cream n oil
1 tsp cocoa
1/4 tsp Allspice
4-5 drops stevia
I mixed and flatten into several rounds on wax paper, fold into a baggie, and freeze. You could add a popsicle stick for ease in eating! (unsure where I found this one along the way, but it’s delish and fast!)
1/2 c parts coconut flour
1/4 c part almond flour
Salt, baking powder, oil
Mix, pat into balls and bake 400 degrees for 20 mins or until done (if I find the original recipe of where I got this I will provide it later, sorry!)
Cook sausage, add 2 Tbsp arrowroot to grease, stir in coconut milk (or any milk), caraway seeds, sage, pepper flakes (optional), salt and pepper to taste
Chia tapioca pudding:
1/2 c chia
2 cups unsweetened milk
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/2 dropper liquid stevia
dash of salt
Mix well and refrigerate at least 1 hour. Best between 6-8 hrs. Will keep a few days (mine doesn’t last that long!)
Better Chia pudding:
Same ingredients as above, but use full fat coconut cream or coconut milk and 1/3 cup chia seeds. Top with cinnamon before serving (or on top while ‘setting’ in fridge).
Strawberries and Cream Chia Pudding:
Same ingredients as “Better chia pudding” recipe above, except mix in sliced fresh strawberries. I swear this is so yummy–but beware, it is NOT low carb due to the strawberries!
Keto buns – so easy bread!
Here are the ingredients, but I have provided the original link at the bottom because they have tons of pictures and explanations that you should probably see! I made 8 buns with this recipe instead of 10, but as per below they are only 4.3 net carbs each!
Ingredients (makes 10 buns):
Preheat oven 350 degrees F.
- 1 ½ cup almond flour (almond meal) (150g / 5.3 oz)
- ⅔ cup psyllium husks – will be powdered, or ⅓ cup psyllium husk powder (40g / 1.4 oz) – I used my coffee grinder to turn it into powder!
- ½ cup coconut flour (60g / 2.1 oz)
- ½ cup flaxmeal (75g / 2.6 oz) – or use more almond flour instead
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp cream of tartar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt (pink Himalayan or sea salt)
- 5 tbsp sesame seeds (or sunflower, flax, poppy seeds) or 1-2 tbsp caraway seeds – hold out to put on top of buns just before baking
- Optional: 2 tbsp Erythritol (20g / 0.7 oz) – Stevia (I used the recipe without it)
- 6 large egg whites
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups water (boiling or lukewarm depending on the method – see intro)
Mix dry ingredients, add in wet ingredients, blend, form into buns, add seeds on top (press into buns), bake for 45 minutes (or until done in middle and browning on top).
See all the tips and substitutions on the original link below.
Let me know what your favorite keto recipes are below!